Monday, May 26, 2008

Day 1

So this is day 1. So far, so good. Below is a run down of my meals. Right now it is 2:30pm and I am really missing the caffeine. I'd be a happy person if I could have a coke or some coffee. But I'm planning on staying strong and powering through.

Even though I am going to a BBQ tonight for Memorial Day, I'm thinking a salad is in the cards for supper.  That beer is going to be really hard to resist though.  I love holiday spirits.  Sigh.  On the upside, my stomach is not feeling so heavy after these 2 meals.  I don't miss that hardcore digestion that processed foods cause.


Granola cereal with soy milk and orange juice for breakfast.  I always have coffee in the morning so this was quite a change.  

Day 1 Breakfast


Instead of having my 2nd cup of coffee I had seltzer water with a splash of orange juice.

Day 1 Coffee Substitute


For lunch, I cooked BBQ tofu on polenta.  It was surprisingly tasty.  I was never a huge fan of polenta but with the garlic and parsley I'd have it again.

Day 1 Lunch

No comments: